Tuesday 8 January 2019

8th Day of Addiction


I stare blankly on the screen while the cursor gawks at me with an audacious look

What to write next? is the question that pops in my mind. It is filled with multiple thoughts that want to come out like the smoke that fills the air with ashes of emotions. You could either gasp for breathe after taking them in or pollute your inner conscious with purity, joy or laughter, because you never know which path will the nicotine take me through – destruction, inspiration, evolution, tension or happiness.

Oh god! Now I am struck again

The cursor has come to a halt and is staring at me once again

What to do?……

Well…..let me gulp down a glass of bear and start afresh. They say that few glasses down and the words start to flow out like water in an empty narrow lane. With alcohol by my side I am now on a creative ride. I am free from the shackles of that cursor that was an impending threat.

Hello there…..the drinking episode was just a figment of my own imagination because I don’t need a kick to trick my mind to pen down my thoughts.

Now that I have arrived here, I am confident that even without getting drugged even you can write a piece that satisfies your inner self and keeps you going through the motion of writing on the 8th day of the year.

Ohh I am sorry….I made a wrong statement!

I just realized that even I am addicted, addicted to writing in solitude; solitude to whom I have attached myself deeply to the 8th day of the year to write anything and everything in this world.

Get addicted to writing, because it will make you a better writer in the end.

Happy Writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment