Tuesday 16 February 2016

The Break

So, I took this break from my life in New Delhi in October. For the next few months, I stayed at Kolkata for some family reasons. I found a job at the City of Joy and also started to earn a living too. It’s always amazing to relive in a city where you have spent all your teenage years.

 I revisited those places again which used to fill my heart with joy when I used to visit them as a teenager. The ‘Bonedi Houses’ with their humungous white pillars, the green tall-arched windows with multiple panes, the pungent smell of the mud at the tea stalls, tram lines making their way through the streets, the shrill voice of conductors shouting the name of stations, the political banners with slogans of development and protest and the new Kolkata with my grown up eyes
.

On the other side of the break, was the modern Kolkata. Sky touching buildings, extravagant nightlife, vibrant and colourful Durga Puja and what not. Wait! there is a lot left to discover in this beautiful city which was once the capital of India. My break will not end without discovering the other gems of Kolkata.  

Image credit: Team BHP

No comments:

Post a Comment