Monday 15 February 2016

Music to the ears




Ever since I started my first journey in train, I have developed a special connection with it. Well, it would be wrong to call it a connection because it’s an experience that I relive every time I step in a train.

The constant rumble of the engine and the honk of the approaching train add music to my ears. This music has no tune, no rhythm but has a vibrant soul. A soul that encapsulates all my childhood memories and brings back the sceneries of lush green grounds, desolate lands, children staring at us in groups from their playgrounds or cattle grazing in the fields.

As a child and still now, another experience that I crave for in a train journey is that slight motion that constantly moves you when you are inside a moving train; and the most magical moment comes, when you have plugged in your ear phones with your head placed over the cushion. To me, the experience is like a lullaby. Like a mother trying to put his son asleep.


 Sometimes, the most enchanting experience of music comes not from the kind of tune or the quality of sound you hear, but from the moment, you live in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment