Monday 21 September 2015

The so many silences of my life


I have formed a bond with silence. Everyday, I return home and surrender myself to it. The books remain where they were, the windows show their face only when I switch on the lights. It’s only the gushing of water from the tap, the sound of the AC or the moving fan that interrupt the pin drop silence that prevails in my room. Well, there are more sounds that constantly break the slience- the sound of thoughts. After a tiresome day, when I sleep on the bed, the thoughts keep occupying my mind. They trespass the lines of emotions and keep me awake all night.

But it is this silence that takes me to its lap very easily when I have a disturbed mind. I forget all the worries for the time as I take a dive to a calm ocean where I float like a boat that has enough time to reach to the shore. Again, I wake up in silence and again a new day starts.

One day, the same silence came upto me. It didn’t say or do anything. It directly struck to my mind and said, “Hello, I have something to say.” I asked, “What?” It said, “Just be with me and you will know.” A minute later, a flow of thoughts start occupying my mind. I couldn’t help but take my pen and begin to write.
 

Thanks Silence for being in my life in so many forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment