Friday 26 June 2015

The Road to Painting


As a teenager in my school days I always dreamt of being a creative person. There was always an urge to create something that will belong solely to me. The quest of creativity began early in my life, when I started to make doodles drawing haphazard lines all over white sheets, wherever I came across them. I joined an art school and took baby steps to filling up human caricatures with crayon pencils. I then graduated to water colour painting thus brushing the canvas with strokes of emotions or sometimes infusing a new breath of life in the whiteboard. There was never a moment of dullness in life. A spray of colours spread all over causing them spilling joy and warmth all over my mind.
 
The relationship of art with me is that of a colour with water, which when mixed gives birth to something which one hasn’t seen before. With each stroke of the brush, there are thousands and lacs of dreams that are born. Dreams that take you to unseen places with the surroundings where you desired to be. Your hand is the sailor who sails the ship through scenic routes and takes it to its desired destination.
Art is a form of self-expression. It rests the flying mind to a halt thereby focusing all the creative energies to one place. There are no limits and no full stops. The road to painting is unending and full of surprising stops. It even lets you change the direction of the road with that one single stroke.

Today, after a long hiatus of five years, I am going to start painting again. Excited and elated I am. Let’s see what comes out of these hands that were left abandoned to writing for few years.
 
 
 
 
 




 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh it's lovely.. No doubt you are creative :)

    http://zigzacmania.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete