Saturday 6 June 2015

A Booky Affair


It’s Saturday afternoon. The clock says 11:00 a.m. The sun has decided to take a toll on the homo sapiens. A hot wind blows through, bringing in the loo with itself. Deep lines of sweat appear on the forehead of shopkeepers  who are about to open their trade for the day. I move a few steps further and it seems as if I have entered the high-street fashion zone and why not this is Khan Market. A number of street shops, sport the latest trendy garments as if saying to the window shopper, ‘I can add the zing to your look’. A Lamborghini zooms by making it my first view of the sports car in the city.

Before I get distracted by the glitz and glamour of the place, I finally find my destination – Café Turtle. Hidden between numerous street shops and bars, it’s rather easy to find this book reading café of South Delhi.  As I enter the Café, an ocean of books greets me and arouse the bookworm inside me. Fiction, Non-Fiction, Sci-Fi, Historical books occupy the shelves. Ignoring the curious looks of the books, I made my way through the stairs to the reading Café.

White, Yellow and Orange colors adorn the walls. The peppy background music adds to the ambience of the Cafe. A young boy in his mid 20s is deeply engrossed in a book. Besides him, an elderly couple is enjoying an Iced Cappuccino. I take a window seat that offers a picturesque view of the world outside. As I peep through the window my attention falls on the beer bottles that have been beautifully recycled into flower pots. My attention shifts on the books that are beautifully kept on a small hanging shelf. Quotes from famous writers and paintings add to the ambience.

You can either pick up a book from the bookstore or can write a one sitting in the Café. But what makes Turtle Café the perfect place to give your creative mind a toss? Well, it is the ambience. The quaint and calm atmosphere in spite of visitors pouring in will still keep you engaged in your work and won’t divert your mind.  You can immerse in deep thoughts for your next literary piece, chat with anyone who is a reading buff while enjoying sumptuous food.

A mix of old world charm with a bit of sophistication, Café Turtle is the ultimate place to spend your literary time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment