Saturday 13 June 2015

Growing Up with rains


Nostalgic Rains

The pitter patter outside reminds me of my childhood memories. The russet sky reminds me of the poem which my grandmother used to recite as I sat in her lap.  I remember the aroma of the potato fries and the many other delicious edibles which were prepared in our house on the eve of first monsoon. Ignoring the sight of elders once I eloped from the house with my cousins to enjoy the rains. Boats, muds, football, climbing mango trees; we did everything we could followed by a cold cough and high fever when we returned home.

 

Romantic Rains

School days weren’t different either. Rain was a good reason that helped me to skip a day in the class, but not every time, because it was on a rainy day when I met with my first puppy love. She was all wet and look scared in her big tinted black glass. With a big umbrella I went up to her and asked, “You can come with me if you want.” Skeptical at first, she sighed a bit, thought for a while and then gave the final nod.

 

Creative Rains

Who said it was only in isolation and a quaint place where a writer could express his or her thoughts? The constant dripping sound made by the rains strike a chord in the inner mind, urges you to pick up that pen and start scribbling words. You can pen down a philosophical thought about life, write a poem or can also start humming a song – such is the power of rains as it helps to pour in all the creative thoughts.

 

In the constant humdrum of our lives, rains splash our minds with its beautiful drops of joy. Happy Monsoon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment