Sunday 7 December 2014

The little girl in the park



She runs, she twirls, she twists
And she takes sweet little turns
She is the little girl in the park
Who adorns the morning with a spark

She takes me back to my childhood days
When I played, ran and got drenched in the rain
For there was not a single worry in the world
As there was love, joy and parent’s warmth

That little girl in the park
Arouse the innocence and playfulness in me
That stopped long ago and lost somewhere
When I took a leap from adolescence to adulthood

After a while she sits beside her grandpa
As she wants to know and solve her dilemma
That why she has no wings like the birds?
And why don’t they come out at night?


 The grandpa giggles looking at her and then replies,
 “That’s because they are less naughty like you”
She gives a disgruntled look at first  
Then goes back and starts to play with the dust

I wonder and think in aghast
May be I was the same little girl
When I was a tiny tot, to whom

Life was nothing but pieces of joyful thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment