Wednesday 17 December 2014

TERRORISM and an INNOCENT MIND

What might go in the mind of an injured child after the mayhem that took place in Pakistan yesterday? This is just a fictional interpretation of the same


Boom! Went off the sound as I saw a man aiming a gun at me.  I stood there helpless because no one was around. I felt a tremor in my head and saw everything around me revolving like a ball. I laid in the ground and saw my school shirt stained with blood. My friends were shouting for help but soon they stopped, because like me all of them had been laid down. I was shaking in fear, reeling in pain and praying to God. My teacher at school taught me that guns are used by warriors to remove the evil from the earth.

O Lord! Am I the evil that I am shot? 

What is my fault, whom have I harmed that I have to be a part of this dreadful act?
   
I am now lying on a hospital bed. I have lost one leg. I can see through one eye and the other? Well, dad said I have to live with one from now on as the other has disappeared forever. Mom has stopped talking as tears are flowing down her eyes like the stream of that river which flows just near my school. My dad bought me a bicycle last week, but I don’t know will I ever be able to ride it again?  I promised my sister that we would go to the church this Christmas and pray to Santa for a big teddy on whose lap both of us can sit and play dumbshell. All my dreams are dashed to ashes now.

 I have lost three of my school friends who used to sit with me in the same bench. We used to make ships out of paper and made them flow when the rains flooded our school’s playground. We used to share lunch together and play hide-and-seek behind the banyan tree near the school’s compound. Nor can I play and nor can I run now, I have not only lost my precious friends but also my half life.



No comments:

Post a Comment