Saturday 16 January 2016

Closed Eyes


I see the world in gray and white when I close my eyes. Thoughts from the past surface and pull me towards them. Episodes of life again surprise me, sometimes shock me. The characters in the episodes  are different, confusing and difficult to relate. Once, I saw my cousin cuddling like a baby in my arms, but when I woke up, I realized that he is all grown up now.  Closed eyes, they take you to a world that will never come across in real life.
Image source: Frankbarker Photography
 
 
When the world makes noise in my mind, I let those eyelids down, bent my head against the soft cushion of my bed and let the moment pass by. The thoughts, they slowly calm down like the waves of the sea and reach the shores of silent.

I plug in the earphones and relax with closed eyes. The thoughts that play hide and seek throughout the day in my mind finally settle down and form a creative chain that either results in a poem or the thought behind my next project.

4 comments: