Monday 11 May 2015

What if I was a Mother?

The very next moment I felt amazing. I imagined myself as a pregnant woman.  I could feel a light bump inside my stomach. There was a small living thing that was shaping up inside me. Sometimes at night when I was deeply engrossed in my thoughts, it made its presence felt with a slight movement. I couldn’t express the joy of being a soon to be mother. I didn’t knew whether it was a HE or a SHE but was sure that the new member of my family will be the apple of my eye.

Few months passed , I could feel this tiny creature slowly growing up. Sometimes, in my dreams I could hear a cute voice utter the word, “Mamma.” Often while sleeping, I used to open my eyelids, look around and laughed at stupid me.  This continued for months until the D day arrived.

I woke up with a scream that day. My loved ones gathered around me, took me to the hospital. The pain was unbearable, but I was ready to undergo it. I could feel the baby trying its best to leave the dark place that it had been for the last nine months.

A state of happiness prevailed everywhere as he saw the light of the day followed by his doleful and innocent cries. I could not stop sobbing, the joy of being a mother was something which I could not express to the world.  Someone who lived with me for so long , is now in my hands. Wow! she is my daughter.
Her small eyes looked here, there and everywhere. Her tiny limbs and fingers made subtle movements. She tilted her head and yawned signalling that the slumber has arrived. I watched her staring at me and smiling. I was elated this time, a series of tears again rolled down my cheeks. I told myself, “See mamma, she is staring at you.”

As a writer, it is quite easy to describe and fantasize the feelings of being a mother, but I have failed here to describe more, because only a mother can express the true joy of being a mother

Thank you Mother for bringing me in this world, I will always remain indebted to you.




Pic credit: drematico.com

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Kanu Gupta for your wonderful comments. keep coming back here for more interesting posts.

    ReplyDelete