Saturday 25 April 2015

Lost and Found


                                                                               CHAPTER 2
 
Thank God! It’s Sunday today. No tension of reaching office early. I have all the time to myself. After a tensed night’s sleep, I left early for the day. It was 11:45 a.m. I hurried past the Airport Rapid Metro Express exit gate and rushed my way towards the Air India Lost and Found counter. The staff this time although was different, but they courteously listened to my luggage dismay episode and took me towards the luggage counter. I marched like a winning martyr towards the counter hoping to get the luggage all safe and sound.

“Your name Sir?” an official with the batch of Air India questioned me after a thorough inspection as if I am a terrorist who has left his valise full of explosives. “Pradip” I replied with confidence and with a gentle smile.  “There I got it!” I told my inner mind after I spotted my sister’s luggage tucked away in the midst of Louis Vuittons, Reeboks, Skybags and a number of other luxury brands of bags. After a brief exchange of information and documents, it was my turn now.

“Sir can you show me the Letter Of Authority?” I happily forwarded it. “No sir! it won’t work. I need a proper letter. ” I had no answer after this stupid and horrendous reply by the official. I was confused, should I break his head first or mine. Regaining my cool mind I politely asked him, “Sir! What is your problem? Do I resemble a terrorist that I have to prove my identity? And this letter has all the required permissions and the authority of my name.”

After a number of heated conversations and arguments, he finally handed over the luggage to me. I opened the bag and rechecked it a number of times. Once convinced, I gave a call to my sister to give her the good news. Hearing the news, she got elated. “ Yeahh! Thanks I love you Bhaiyaa” came the comforting reply from my sister.

This whole saga of ‘Lost and Found’ taught me one thing – We should always think positive and never give up hope even if we face dejection in the first place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment