Wednesday 18 March 2015

A big risk that changed my life

‘You have to take risks in life’ I had heard this phrase many times during my growing up years but I never applied this phrase ever in my life until and unless I took a bold step or more precisely ‘a big risk.’

After completing my Masters in business I started searching for jobs. Like any other fresher I uploaded my resumes on a number of websites (starting from an internship, fresher to an experienced one).  After a month long search, I even received calls from some good companies. I appeared for the interviews, but a lack of expertise in dealing with numbers made me the first candidate to appear in the ‘Not selected ’list. Moreover, 0 years of experience was the cheery on the cake to make the recruiters least interested in my resume.

After three months of rigorous job hunt, followed by the gruesome schedule of giving interviews every day, I finally gave up hope. There was not a tinge of positivity left inside me.

So, it was one fine Sunday, I got a mail from a recruiting consultant that read ‘’Required Content Writers with an impeccable hold over English Language.” A relatively new term to a novice like me it first sounded to me something which was related to creative writing. Just a year back, I started my blog and was a newbie in the writing industry. I decided to give it a try because somewhere deep inside me I had this confidence that I had the ability to play and weave with words to produce not a great but definitely a good content.

Hence, I decided to give it a try with minimal hope of reply. A few days after applying, I got a call. The interviewer was very impressed with one of my blogs and agreed to hire me as a Content Writer. Since then, I have learnt the tricks and trade of Content Writing. I have graduated to even better and creative forms of writing and now I am working as a Copywriter.


Today, as I look back to that first day when I took a life changing decision to pursue writing as a profession I feel proud of myself. It was a big risk which I took in my life without thinking of the consequences that it can have in my career. I always believe that there are very few people in life who can take up their passion as a job and I am one of those lucky persons who is now following his passion.  

No comments:

Post a Comment