Saturday 28 February 2015

A Tree's journey from existence to non existence

I popped out from a seed
That lied on the ground for long
When the branch was torn away
One evening by a fierce storm

A child took me in his hand
Placed me in a clutter of mud
He nurtured me like a baby
Showered all the love

Days passed by, years went ahead
And seasons flew too
I grew from a sapling to a plant  
While rubbing my leaves with
Bright sunlight and misty dew

A few years more to my life
I grew into a tree
With elongated branches
And corrugated leaves


When the sun casted its harsh rays
People came and sat beneath me
They took shelter and enjoyed
My comfort with great pleasure

From a full bloom vivacious tree
To a pale and lifeless branch
My days were filled with gray and
Distraught as autumn arrived

I wore a deserted look that
And stood up like a dried up brook
Leaves turned pale and yellow
They fell on the ground and
I winced with deep regret and sorrow

I regained my lost self
With the arrivals of rain
A new life breathed in me
As I turned green again

Years kept adding to my life
My bark was scratched often
With melodies of love
And promises of togetherness

One day a few people   
Walking through the woods
Casted their evil eyes on me
They decided to chop me off
And gather logs of woods  

The uncanny sound of axes
Created ripples of fears
It was a prologue towards
My journey of non-existence

Anxious strokes of axes
Fell upon my distraughted knees
They began to howl in silence
As they watched themselves bleed

I was not wounded but felt deceived
By the treacherous human nature

One plants me and the other uproots


Pic credit: Alvarez Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment