Saturday 15 March 2014

My Unforgettable Tour to Mughal Gardens



I developed a special feeling for flowers after I visited the Mughal Gardens in Delhi this year. The bright sunny weather played a perfect host and did not mundane my day with the occasional rain that had been disturbing the capital city since the last few days. 

Colorful, picturesque and splendid; these are the adjectives that describe the flowers in the Mughal Gardens at New Delhi. Red, orange, yellow and white were the colors that ruled the Udyanotsav. I could not have found out a better weekend stress buster other than visiting this sporadic place. I was totally elated by the sheer beauty of the flora at the 15 acre Mughal Gardens.

 Every year, the month long flower fair is held where flower lovers and other people visit in large numbers and this year was not an exception. As per the media reports, the number of visitors crossed 2.86 lakhs in just a span of two weeks. The continuous gathering of people was a reassurance in the fact that beauty of flowers can certainly supersede the beauty of anything in the world.

The constant announcement of the security officials to avoid using of cameras inside the flower fair, first of all broke my hopes, but later I managed to get some clicks after talking with them. So, I began my flower tour at the Mughal gardens by entering a lawn which had flowers on both sides arranged in a beautiful manner. Brahmi, Isangol, Geranium, Fenugrek and many herbal plants were put on display with a small board placed next to them, which said about the properties and uses of each plant.

I proceeded towards the Bonsai Garden. There were 80 varieties of Cactus flowers that bloomed here such as Marigold, Dahlia, Gerbera, Calendula and  Linaria. Rose Queen Elizabeth was a flower which attracted my attention here, though the name was Rose, but the appearance of this flora did not compliment it’s name. However, I found it quite visually attractive. Take a look at the flower below



Moving on, I came across a flower mat which was made from Krishna Genda flower and tulip. Words would fall short to describe it, hence I have put the picture for you to enjoy its sheer beauty.



My next stop was at the Circular Garden. As the name suggests, this garden is circular in shape and is dotted with different kinds of seasonal flowers like Marigold Stock, Viola, Clarkia, Allisum and Sweet Willium. Walking through the kind I felt as if I am a Royal Prince and is welcomed by a group of flowers. Really, the feeling was excellent.


Thus, the day finally ended in a flowery mood.




No comments:

Post a Comment